This term our topic is:
All Around the World
We will be exploring this topic for the Spring term and we will be linking this topic across the curriculum where it is possible.
- English: our class novel, "Kensuke's Kingdom", will help us to bring this topic alive in our English lessons. We will be writing biographies, recounts, newspapers, adventure stories and poems.
- Maths: we will be following the Maths Mastery approach to learn about converting measures, multiplication, division, area and fractions.
- Science: we are learning about States of Matter and Animals and Humans this term.
- History and Geography: we will be learning about where continents, countries, counties and cities are around the world. We we use our class novel to follow the world adventure that the character embarks upon and study the regions they visit. We will be learning how to read and use maps.
- Art, D.T and Music: we will be recreating the painting "The Great Wave" by Hokusai. This artist's work is featured on the cover of our class novel. We will be using collage techniques and painting using watercolour and acrylic methods. We are following the "Charanga" music scheme where the children learn and perform songs using instruments as a whole class.
- Computing: we will be focusing upon computer and internet safety this term and learning how to word process efficiently.
- P.E: this term we will be completing our gym topic where we will be balancing, jumping and rolling. We will then later do some orienteering to link to our "All Around the World" topic.