This term our topic is:
Anglo Saxons and Vikings
We will be exploring this topic for the Autumn term and we will be linking this topic across the curriculum where it is possible.
- English: our class novel, "Anglo Saxon Boy", will help us to bring this topic alive in our English lessons. We will be writing letters, historical and mythical stories, poems and explanation texts.
- Maths: we will be following the Maths Mastery approach to learn about place value, addition and subtraction and statistics.
- Science: we are learning about sound and electricity this term.
- History and Geography: we will be learning about where Anglo Saxons and Vikings came from, why they invaded and explore some famous battles. We will also learn about their homes, food and lifestyles. We will be using timelines to place significant events in chronological order.
- Art, D.T and Music: we will be recreating Anglo Saxon shields, jewellery and much more. We will explore the music of this time period and how people made instruments.
- Computing: we will be using our research skills to explore facts from the time period.
- P.E: this term we will be learning how to play badminton. Later in the term, we will recreating the traditional dances of Anglo Saxon and Viking times.