This term our topic is:
Houses and Homes
We will be exploring houses and homes during Autumn term in English, History and Geography.
- English: Our class story this half term is Zog! We will use the story as a stimulus to encourage creative and descriptive writing, as well as practising sentence structure and punctuation.
- Maths: In maths, we will be learning about place value within 10 before moving on to addition and subtraction within 10.
- PSHE: This half term we will be exploring emotions and how to deal with our feelings.
- History: In History will learn about different types of houses through history and compare them to houses from the current day. We will also explore castles and houses in royalty and investigate differences in wealth and poverty.
- Geography: In Geography we will be learning about the United Kingdom and finding out facts about the countries that make up the UK.
- Science: This half term we will be learning all about the seasons with a focus on Autumn. We will also be learning about materials and using our knowledge to build a waterproof house!
- RE: In RE we will be learning all about Christianity. We will explore Christian beliefs, symbols and celebrations.
P.E: We will explore fundamental ball skills such as throwing and catching, rolling, hitting a target, dribbling with both hands and feet and kicking a ball. We will also explore the fundamental skills of balancing, running, changing direction, jumping, hopping and skipping.