This term our topic is:
World War II
We will learn when and why World War II began and find out about the key individuals and countries involved. In addition to this, we will discover all about evacuation; learn what it was like to live with food rationing and explore the contribution made by women to the war effort. Furthermore, we will learn important facts about the Holocaust and investigate events that were key turning points in the war, such as the Battle of Britain and the German invasion of Russia.
- Art - we will improve our mastery of art and design techniques before painting bunting representing the flags of the Allied countries in WWII for a VE Day party.
- Design & Technology - we will make a model of an Anderson shelter; create a wartime menu that only includes rationed foods before making and sampling our own wartime food.
- Geography - we will create an annotated map to show where evacuees in World War II travelled from and to.
- Computing - we will use search technologies to create a presentation about an aspect of World War II before using 3D modeling software to create a 3D model of our Anderson shelter.
- Music - we will develop an understanding of the styles of music civilians and soldiers were listening to during the 1930's and 1940's.
- English - our class novel 'Goodnight Mister Tom' will help us to bring this topic alive.