This term our topic is:
Houses and Homes
We will be exploring houses and homes during Autumn term in English, History and Geography.
- English: we will be using many books as a stimulus for this topic, as well as an exciting trip to inspire learning and help us to bring this topic alive in our English lessons. We will be writing letters, recounts, instruction and explanation texts as well as poetry.
- Maths: we will be following the Maths Mastery approach to learn about place value, addition and subtraction and statistics.
- PSHE: this term will be exploring emotions and well-being and discussing difference and diversity.
- History: We will learn about different types of houses through history and compare them to houses from the current day. We will also explore castles and houses in royalty and investigate differences in wealth and poverty.
- Geography: In Geography we will be learning about the United Kingdom and finding out facts about the countries that make up the UK. We will also look at the different oceans that surround the UK.
- Science, Art, RE: we are learning about animals including humans. we will be creating art to celebrate harvest as well as using clay to make models inspired by Anthony Gormley. In RE we will explore how we can care for others through multiple religions.
- P.E: this term we will be improving our fitness and exploring different ways of travelling.